NP Daboy’s Official Engagement #163 – Golden Anniversary of APO Sorority, Wack Wack Golf and Country Club, Mandaluyong City, 16September2018
It’s a night of fun, excitement and achievements for our co-equal – the Sorority Power! For 50 years, our sisterhood have been continuously threading on challenging grounds and making big differences in all playing fields. And some would correctly say that they are doing better than their male counterpart…
For this night it is but fitting to honor the 50 Sorority Power (or more) of my administration for DY 2017-2019:
1. Sis Judge Alice Gutierrez – the lady of the night, who despite her busy schedules managed to oversee every detail of the preparation. Currently, the chairman of the International Relations Committee who will officially represent APO Philippines in the December 2018 APO USA National Convention in Austin, Texas.
2. Sis Atty. Norma Singson De Leon – she heads the “over-worked” and best performing committee we have in the chart, the APO Committee on Membership. Aside from being its chairman, she also leads the Prayer Battalion that participates in some of the important national issues. I would also like to acknowledge the able sorority in CoMe: Sis Zarah Escueta, Sis Rica Abad and Sis Marife Gillo.
3. Sis Atty. Celia Galzote-Valdez – the chairman of the APO (boy) Scouting Committee happens to be a a very independent minded sorority. Under her watch, we will have a renewal of our MOA with the Boys Scouts of the Philippines.
4. Sis Nette Flores-Villanueva – our National Treasurer who sees to it that our finances are in place towards transparency and accountability insofar as managing our finances are concerned, her regular presence makes a lot of difference.
5. Sis Jane Ocampo-Ibay – our National Auditor checks not only the state of finances but the performance evaluations of all accountable officers and she’s been serious and independent in her duties.
6. Sis Evelyn Canete Evangelio – the ever reliable NED cum NES, my utmost trust and confidence in her
7. Sis Rikki Liquigan – the ever active member of the Comelec who has held several posts like Director and VP for the Sorority affairs
8. Sis Alvina Ferrer Juanitez – my number 1 Presidential Adviser, i’ve been with her in the national board for a decade when i was still an RR member of the National Board.
9. Of course, the sisters in the Government Service as Public Officials the likes of USec Cora Davis of DENR and ASec Sallie Licauco of the OVP, among others…
10. Sis Toni Solleza – our VP for the Sorority who is always there when you need her, very young and very talented.
11. Let me also salute our sorority in the different Regional Directorates, the likes of ARME RD Espie Rugayan, former ARE RD Dolly Kits, ARE DRD and my kachap/lady Sis Kristy Naya, incoming ARE RD Brenda Soriano, Former ARE RD Analiza Marfori, Former ARE RD Melanie Collick, Sis Cecile Cinque of ARP/Australia, Former NCAR RD Sis Irene Sibayan, Sis Ving Adriatico of ARNA/GNY, Sis Gladys Neri of ARA/Singapore, Sis Fe Esteban of ARNA/Canada, Sis Monalisa Lidasan of SMAR/Comelec, Sis Yoya Tarriela of NCAR, Sis Sonia Daoas of NLAR/BaBe, NLAR RDC Sis Kaye Gonzales, SC Sis Belle Molina, STAR RDC Sis Geraldyn Usog, Former Bicol DRD Vilma Vinas…
12. To the SubicGA2018 team who made everything possible despite the odds: Sis Jen Velarmino, Sis Geralaine San Juan, Sis Doris Mantes, Sis Beng Del Corro, Sis Dina Dulce Jurado, Sis Bhabes Castillo, Sis Rhea Medel and my closest advisers/dinner buddies Sis Shannon Canete, presidential assistant and my videographer Sis Donai Alvarez and Sis Czarina Capitulo-Mortera.
13. And the sorority who are closest to my heart and who have helped and encouraged me in one way or another, many of them but let me mention the likes of Sis Nini Sanchez Go, Tsang Nympha Lontok, Sis Joy Ricafranca, Sis Rosalyn Banagale, Sis Melba Tejada, Sis Becka Esplana, Sis Puring Dumlao and many more, including my Sorority Power in Alpha Gamma: Sis Lydia Credo, Sis Rowena Tandoc, Sis Josie Onia, Sis Evelyn Olores, Sis Gemma De Vera, Sis Ana Fe Gonzalo, Sis Joy Castillo, Sis Anavic Mortera, Sis MJ Meneses and many more…
14. And to those whom i have missed but worth mentioning in this column, and for that matter, all the Sorority in this great fraternity and sorority, the WOMEN of Alpha Phi Omega, a firm left handshake and a snappy scout salute to all of you! See you in the next 50 years and beyond!
• In attendance to extend their support to this historic occasion are APO Philippines Inc. Chairman of the Board of Trustees Kris Jordan and 3 Past National Presidents: NP Rod Mapoy, NP Jimmy De Castro and NP Mel Adriano and the APO National Office administrative staff.
• Selected photos from the lenses of Brod Nic Mac and Brod Jojo Oliveros. Heartfelt thanks brothers.